Get started with Teams for Admins
Driversnote Teams for Admins
What is Teams?
Driversnote for Teams provides automatic mileage logging for employees and a simple workflow of reporting business mileage for your company’s reimbursement process.
If you are in charge of setting up Driversnote for your team, then this is the guide for you!
In this article
Check out the video to hear from Lissi, from the support team, show you how to set everything up!
Step 1: Set up a team
Creating a team is free to do.
If you do not have an account, the first step is to sign up for Driversnote.
- Log in > Team > + Create Team
- Give your team a name
- Select the mileage/reimbursement rate
- Invite team members to join (you can also add team members later)
When you invite a team member to join, they will receive an invite to join and set up a Driversnote account. They will receive instructions on how to download the app and get tracking!
- That’s it! The team is now created.
Please note: Admins do not have access to their employee’s accounts.
To be clear, this is not a live tracking/monitoring system. Each employee’s trip data remains the property of the employee. Employers (admins and managers) can only access data explicitly shared by employees in their mileage reports - maintaining their privacy at all times.
Step 2: Invite Team members and assign roles
Once you have set up a team, you can finish inviting team members.
Invite team members:
- Log in > Team > +Invite member
- Fill out their name and email address > Send
Edit their invitations: Next to the list of team members, you will see Invitations. Click here to see the pending invitations. Under Actions, you can resend or revoke an invitation.
Assign team roles:
Each team consists of users that can be assigned three different roles depending on their function.
- The admin can invite team members, reject or approve mileage reports and manage centralised billing
- The manager role is used in case the admin isn’t the one to review mileage reports. Once you assign a manager, they’ll also be receivers and approvers of reports
- Normal users are the drivers and have no administrative function.
To assign a role, click on the 3 dots (...) next to the team member. Here you can change their role.
Please note: You can only assign roles when they have accepted the invitation and joined the team.
Step 3: Mileage & Reimbursement Rates
If you did not set up the rates when creating the Team, now is the time to do so.
- Under your Team and next to Invite Member, there are 3 dots (...). Click here and select Reimbursement Rates
- Select the rate that should be applied to your team
Standard Rates: Use the standard tax-free mileage allowance rate for the country.
No reimbursement: Only show distances and percentage split of personal/private vs. business.
Custom Rate: Set your own reimbursement rates.
Step 4: Reporting Periods & Reminders
How often does your team need to submit reports? You can customize the periods for reporting and send them reminders when it is time to do so.
- Under your Team and next to Invite Member, there are 3 dots (...). Click here and select Reporting Periods
- Under Reporting Period, select the reporting interval (for example, weekly, biweekly, or monthly)
- Select the date it should start
- Enable or disable an email reminder at the end of the reporting period
Why set a reporting period? It will make creating reports easier and faster for team members. The chosen periods will appear automatically in the date filter when they go to create reports.
Step 5: Purchase and Assign Licenses
If your team members track and report more than 20 trips per month, they will need a license to access unlimited reporting.
How to purchase licenses:
- Log in > Teams page, next to your team name > Buy licenses
- Fill out billing information > continue
- Click multiple users > Select the number of users you want to subscribe to the basic license
- Select monthly or yearly payment
- (Optional) Select the number of iBeacons
- Review and Purchase
How to assign licenses:
- Log in > Teams Page
- Under Team Name, you’ll see how many licenses you have purchased. You will also see how many are currently in use
- To assign a license, find the team member you want to upgrade
- Click on the (...) button next to their name
- Change the license from Lite to Basic
Note: Use the same steps above to remove a license from a team member. If they leave the team you can remove the license and assign it to someone else.
How many licenses do I need? You need one license per team member who tracks and reports more than 20 trips a month. Managers and Admins who do not drive, do not need a license and are free of charge.
Step 6: Reporting
Team members submit mileage reports directly to the team approver (admin or manager) with all the needed information for mileage reimbursement.
You can read more at: Mileage Reporting for Teams
Extra Step 7: Admin Notification & Additional Settings
Depending on your role on the team, there are a few additional settings you can set.
If you do not track or log trips yourself, we would suggest disabling these emails (so we do not bother you!)
- Log in > Your account > Edit account
- Under your email, select Email Notifications
Disable Usage Alerts and Reporting Reminders if you do not use the app to track and log trips.
Disable Team Reports if you are not approving reports and do not want to receive a reminder each time a team member submits a report.
It’s time to onboard your team.
Check out our guides for:
Need help onboarding your team?
We have a dedicated support team ready to onboard your team. If you would like a demo or to talk to someone, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know how we can help!
Q: I want to create a team but my employees already have Driversnote accounts?
If they already have an account that’s no problem at all - they can still join your team. Just make sure you send the invite to the email they’ve used to register with Driversnote.
Q: How do you comply with privacy laws?
We make sure that nothing is shared with the company and approvers of mileage reports without the explicit consent of the drivers.
Q: Can I track my employees?
Driversnote does not enable you to track your employees while they’re driving in real-time. Most companies do not want to know and have data on their employees’ whereabouts at all times.
Q: Can I fetch my employees’ mileage reports myself?
You can only see your employees’ mileage reports once they have submitted them to you.
Q: Can we get help with onboarding? And how about customer support?
If you need help with onboarding, please just reach out to our support and explain your situation. We provide free support for everyone who wants to be or is a user of our products.
You are also welcome to book a talk with us if you’d like to learn how Driversnote for Teams can best work for your company.
Q: How do I best reimburse my employees?
You can learn more about reimbursing employees for their business driving in our mileage guides for employers:
CRA rules for employers (Canada)
ATO rules for employers (Australia)
Skatteverket rules for employers (Sweden)