Use Driversnote with Apple CarPlay
Driversnote lets you run shortcuts to start and stop tracking trips with Apple CarPlay for a smarter and safer way to use your iPhone in your vehicle.
Add Driversnote shortcuts to CarPlay
- Open the Shortcuts App and tap the Automation tab
- Tap Create personal automation -> CarPlay
- Choose the option Connects and tap the Next button in the top right corner
- Tap Add action (or use the search at the bottom) to locate the Driversnote action called "Start tracking a new trip"
- Turn off the switch Ask Before Running at the bottom of your screen
- From the pop-up prompt select Don't Ask
- Press Done
- Repeat steps 1-7 in order to connect the action called "Stop tracking and end trip" (In step 3, choose Disconnect instead of connect)
The first time you connect to CarPlay and trigger a Driversnote action, you will receive a notification from your car's system asking for permission to allow access.
If neither the Driversnote app nor the Driversnote actions are listed as shortcuts, then you would simply need to track a manual trip:
- Simply open the app
- Tap on the green + button and start tracking a trip (you don't need to actually be driving, you can start it while just sitting around).
- Then, stop it after a minute or so.
After trying that, you should be able to find the shortcut.
If you would like to track your trips with CarPlay shortcuts, then you will need to disable Auto-tracking. To do that simply toggle off the Auto-track switch (top left corner on the home screen in the app)