Use Driversnote with CarPlay and Siri
Driversnote lets you run shortcuts to start and stop tracking trips with Siri on iOS and CarPlay for a smarter and safer way to use your iPhone in your vehicle.
In this article
Add Driversnote shortcuts to Siri
- Open the Shortcuts app and tap the Gallery tab
- Select the shortcuts ("Start tracking a new trip" & "Stop tracking and end trip") suggested by the Driversnote app
- For each shortcut, add a custom phrase that Siri can use to run it (e.g. Track this trip / Stop tracking)
- Tap Add to Siri
Now you can start and stop tracking a trip just by asking Siri on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch or Apple Watch
You will need to unlock your device every time you use Siri to start or stop tracking a trip.
Add Driversnote shortcuts to CarPlay
- Open the Shortcuts App and tap the Automation tab
- Tap Create personal automation -> CarPlay
- On New Automation choose the option Connects and tap the Next button in the top right corner
- Tap Add action (or use the search at the bottom) to locate the Driversnote action called "Start tracking a new trip"
- Turn off the switch Ask Before Running at the bottom of your screen
- Press Done
- Repeat steps 1-6 in order to connect the action called "Stop tracking and end trip"
The first time your connect to CarPlay and trigger a Driversnote action, you will receive a notification from your car's system asking for permission to allow access.