Manage Team reimbursement rates
As the admin, you can set a custom reimbursement rate for your whole team if your workplace uses rates different from the local tax authority’s current mileage allowance.
In this article:
Set up a custom reimbursement rate for your team
- Log in on the Driversnote website
- Go to Team -> click More in upper right corner -> Reimbursement rates
- Select Custom rates and confirm your choice
- Click on +Create custom rate
- Enter the rate you’d like to be applied to your mileage, and the time period you’d like to have this rate for
- Click Save to save your choice
The custom reimbursement rate will be applied to all users on your team in the selected time frame.
Edit your team’s custom reimbursement rate
- To edit a custom rate you’ve set, go to your Team page -> click More -> Reimbursement rates
- Click on the rate you want to edit and make changes
- Press Save to save the corrections, or Delete, if you’d like to delete the custom reimbursement rate
Be sure that you have created the correct custom reimbursement rate your business uses, in order to avoid misunderstandings in the firm, and with the tax authorities.
Q: Can team members edit the rate?
No, regular members on your team can't change the mileage rate from their own Driversnote account settings. Only Team admin(s) can change the rate.
Q: Which trips are recalculated and updated with the new rate?
Changes you make to your team's custom rate apply to all drives for the time period you’ve chosen. For example, if you make a rate for 2020, the custom rate applies to your team's drives for 2020. Drives made in past years are not affected.
Q: Members on the team have tracked trips, but cannot see any reimbursement applied, what can I do?
The most common reason members cannot see a reimbursement rate is because the previous reimbursement period has ended. All you need to do is follow the above steps to create a new rate for the current period for your team.
Q: I set a new reimbursement rate, why didn’t it change the reports?
Reports that have already been created can’t be edited, so their reimbursement amount won’t change. Team members should create new reports after setting up a new custom reimbursement rate.