Get started with auto-tracking with the iBeacon (iPhone)
If you have an iBeacon, you can set that up to help with your tracking. The iBeacon will emit a Bluetooth signal that your phone picks up when you enter your vehicle and tells your app to be ready to start tracking. Tracking will only begin when your phone GPS picks up location changes that indicate vehicle movement. When you stop the vehicle and leave the signal range, your app will finalise and record that trip to your driving record.
To start with a new iBeacon:
Remove the plastic tab from the back of the iBeacon to activate the battery. Then:
- Make sure Bluetooth is turned on for your phone (Also check that Bluetooth permission is toggled on by going to your phone’s Settings > Driversnote)
- Open the Driversnote app
- Go to Settings in the app menu
- Go to Auto-tracking and make sure you have selected iBeacon detection
- Then tap on iBeacons
- Hit the white + sign to search for your new iBeacon
- Select your iBeacon
- If you have more than one vehicle in the app, choose the one you’ll use the iBeacon for from the dropdown menu
- Tap Add
- Make sure “Auto track” is toggled on in the upper lefthand corner of the app
Place the iBeacon in the vehicle, in the side door or glove compartment. Make sure it is not obstructed by metal or water.