How to: connect the iBeacon in the app (iPhone)
When you have set up your Driversnote account and received your iBeacon, there are a few steps to connect it to your app.
Remove the plastic tab from the back of the iBeacon to activate the battery. Then:
- Make sure Bluetooth is turned On on your phone
- Open the Driversnote app and go to Settings and then tap on iBeacons
- If you’ve never set up an iBeacon, the app will automatically search for iBeacons in the area. Select your iBeacon (if you find more than one, compare the code on the back of the device to the code on screen.) Or if you already have an iBeacon, tap the + in the top right to search for a new iBeacon.
- If you have more than one vehicle in the app, choose the one you’ll use the iBeacon for from the dropdown menu
- Tap Add
- Make sure Auto-track is toggled on in the upper lefthand corner of the app
- Place your iBeacon in your vehicle, in a reasonably hidden location such as the glove compartment. You only want to pick up the signal when you enter the vehicle.