How to track a trip
The Driversnote app uses GPS to track your driving in real-time.
Learn how to start tracking and add trips to your logbook.
In this article
Manual vs real-time tracking
When you tap the plus sign in the app menu, you'll see that there are two ways to log your mileage in the Driversnote app.
Start tracking a trip tells Driversnote to start recording a trip immediately (in real-time).
- The app will track your location via GPS until you tell it to stop (by pressing the red Stop button in the top right corner).
- After you stop the tracking, the entire route will be added to your logbook.
Create a manual trip lets you enter a trip that has already taken place.
- Simply enter the start and end locations, and the app will use Google maps to calculate the most likely route.
- Read more: How to add a trip manually.
Tracking your first trip
- Make sure you have Location Services switched on for the Driversnote app. Learn more here: Why does Driversnote need access to my Location Services?
- Open the Driversnote app
- Tap the plus sign in the centre of the app menu
- Tap Start tracking a trip
- Put down your phone, and drive to your destination
- When you have arrived at your destination, re-open the app and press Stop to end the tracking.
Your trip will be automatically added to your logbook. To view trips and make changes go to Trips.