How to replace the battery in your Driversnote iBeacon
The iBeacon is a low-energy Bluetooth device, so you only need to change the battery every 1-2 years.
The battery type used is CR2477. We provide replacements free of charge as a complimentary service for customers who have purchased an iBeacon or received one as a part of a yearly subscription.
Unfortunately, we cannot offer this complimentary service for customers with an iBeacons received in 2018 or earlier, as the product has been discontinued.
Please send us an email at email@example.com to order a battery replacement.
Is it time to change the battery?
The easiest way to check the battery is to delete the iBeacon from your app, and then try to reconnect it again.
To do this:
- Make sure Bluetooth is activated on your phone.
- Open the app
- Go to Settings
- Tap iBeacons
- Select the iBeacon by tapping on it, select Delete
- Have the iBeacon nearby and connect it again.
- Tap on the iBeacon and connect it.
- If the iBeacon does not show up on the list, it has run out of battery.
- If the iBeacon shows up, connect it again. It should then be up and running.
- Send us an email letting us know. We will double-check from our side and organize a replacement.
I've received a new battery, how do I change it?
- Disconnect the iBeacon in the app
- Open the app > Settings > iBeacons > Select and Delete
- Change the battery
- Open the iBeacon using a thin and flat object like a butter knife, and remove the top
- Remove the battery and the chip, then replace
- The battery should be inserted in the clip with the + side up
- Carefully close the iBeacon again
- Re-connect the iBeacon in the app
- Open the app > Settings > iBeacons > Select and Add
- Place the iBeacon back in the vehicle.