How to replace the battery in your Driversnote iBeacon
The iBeacon is a low-energy Bluetooth device, so you only need to change the battery every 1-2 years.
The battery type used is CR2477. We provide replacements free of charge as a complimentary service for customers who have purchased an iBeacon or received one as a part of a yearly subscription.
We are unfortunately unable to offer this complementary service for customers with an iBeacons received in 2018 or earlier, as the product has been discontinued.
Please send us an email at email@example.com to order a battery replacement.
Is it time to change the battery?
The easiest way to check the battery is to delete the iBeacon from your app, and then try to reconnect it again.
To do this:
- Make sure Bluetooth is activated on your phone
- Open the app
- Go to Settings
- Tap iBeacons
- Select the iBeacon by tapping on it, select Delete
- Have the iBeacon nearby and connect it again
- Tap on the iBeacon and connect it
- If the iBeacon does not show up on the list, it has run out of battery
We are unfortunately unable to offer this complementary service for iBeacons received before 2018, as the product has been discontinued.