Why does Driversnote need access to my Location Services?
Driversnote needs access to your Location in order to track your trips if you are using GPS. If you do not allow access, it is not possible to track your mileage in real-time.
Important: iOS 13 now has a feature that only allows location access while using the app. Allowing access "While Using the App" is not sufficient to ensure accurate trip records, as it will keep Driversnote from tracking your trips consistently. Driversnote needs access to "Always" tracking to ensure accurate, consistent mileage logs.
iPhone Location settings
- From the home screen of your iPhone, go to Settings
- In Settings, scroll all the way down to Driversnote and tap Driversnote
- Make sure Location is set to "Always"
- Make sure Motion & Fitness and Background App Refresh are "on" (green)
Android Location Settings
- Go to Settings
- Tap Apps & Notifications
- Find and tap Driversnote
- Tap Permissions
- In Location & Storage, turn on Location
- On Android 10 select “Allow all the time”
What does Driversnote do with my location data?
Driversnote uses the information we get about your location to track your mileage and calculate the total distance of your trip. Driversnote only records your location information when you’re tracking a trip and this is only in order to give you an excellent tracking experience. Driversnote does not share any of your personal information.