Set up periods and reminders for your mileage reports
Do you forget to submit your mileage report and would like to be reminded?
You can set a custom reporting period, which makes it easier to create mileage reports with the correct time frame for your deductions and reimbursement. You can set a yearly, quarterly, monthly, biweekly/fortnightly or weekly reporting period. You can also choose to be notified via email when you need to create a report.
If you are part of a Team, the Team admin can set a reporting period and a reminder for the workplace and all members will be notified via email when they need to create a report.
Once you’ve set a reporting period, you’ll be able to select and use it from the date selector drop-down menu when creating a report.
When generating a report in the app or on the Driversnote website, tap/click on the time selector of the report. You can see the set reporting period on top of the menu.
Set a reporting period
- Log in to Driversnote
- Go to Settings > Workplaces
- Select the Workplace you want to set a reporting period for
- Click the Period dropdown option and select how often you need to report your mileage (Yearly, Quarterly, Monthly, Biweekly/Fortnightly, Weekly)
- Click the Starting date option to select when the reporting period should start
- Check the box Send an email reminder, if you would like us to send you a reminder one business day after your reporting period ends. If you don’t wish to receive a reminder, simply leave the box unchecked.
The email reminder will include a preview of the report for all your personal/private and business trips associated with the selected Workplace.
- Click Save
Each Workplace can only have one reporting period.
Q: How can I change my reporting period?
You can change your reporting period by going to Settings -> Workplaces and clicking on the workplace with a set reporting period. You can edit the time period, as well as your preference for email reminders.
Q: In what format can I get my mileage report?
You can download your mileage report as a PDF or Excel file.