Manage reimbursement rates
Driversnote uses local reimbursement rates which are based on the advice of your tax authority.
We know that some of our users need a custom reimbursement rate, so we have made that easy!
Setting up a custom rate in the Driversnote app
1. Tap the Reports icon in the Driversnote toolbar
2. Tap "Create report"
3. Scroll down and select "Reimbursement settings" under the drop-down menus
Tip* Be sure that you’ve selected the correct vehicle and workplace for custom mileage
4. Change the reimbursement rate type to "Custom rates"
5. Tap "Create new rate"
6. Enter the custom rate that you would like applied to your mileage within a certain timeframe
7. Tap “Create” to save your custom reimbursement rate, and to apply it to all trips within your selected time period including those you've already created.
Tip* Be sure that you have selected the correct custom reimbursement rate, or you may be required to pay taxes on incorrect mileage calculations.
Q. I have tracked trips, but I cannot see any reimbursement applied, what can I do?
The most common reason users cannot see a reimbursement rate is because the previous reimbursement period has ended. All you need to do is follow the above steps to create a new rate for the current period.
Q. How does Driversnote calculate reimbursement rates?
Tax authorities update reimbursement rates about once a year. We constantly update our system to ensure that you have the most up-to-date reimbursement rate for your region.