How to log a trip manually
If you forget to track a trip with your GPS, you’ll want to log the trip manually as soon as possible. Remember all trips begin by tapping on the green "plus" sign in the app and choosing either “Start tracking a trip” or “Create a manual trip”.
Why should I log my mileage?
Logging the miles you’ve driven is a great way to get more out of your tax reimbursement, or it may be required by your employer.
How do I log my trips?
You can easily log trips in several ways using the Driversnote app. Track your trip in real-time using your phone’s GPS, or add it manually on the app or on our website dashboard. For a completely automatic logbook, check out our iBeacon.
Create a manual trip in the app
1. Tap “Create a manual trip”
2. Enter your start location. Here, you can either search for a name or street and choose from a list of suggested locations, or choose from one of your Custom Locations.
*Tip You can create custom locations under “Settings” >> “Locations” >> “Create new location".
3. Enter your stop location. Again you can choose from a list of suggested locations, or choose from one of your Custom Locations.
4. The app will calculate a route for you, and you can select between the options shown on your screen.
5. If you need to edit the “Time” of your trip (e.g. a trip you took yesterday), you can do it here by tapping on the date and time under your start and end addresses.
*Tip: Review your “Trip details” and classify your trip as Business, Personal, Medical or Charity. You can also make a note and record specific details about your trips.
If you have more than one vehicle or workplace, be sure that you have selected the correct options and are receiving the correct reimbursement rate.
Create a manual trip on the Driversnote website
You can create a trip manually from our website dashboard on your computer with the steps below. From the website, you can review and edit your trips, access your invoices and manage your account and preferences.
1. Sign in to your account at Driversnote.
2. Click “ Trips” then hover your cursor over the date to add a new trip to your calendar
3. Select the correct trip date from the pop-up calendar
4. Type in your “ Start” and “End” locations and remember to correctly classify your trip as Business, Personal, Medical or Charity. You can also make a note and record specific details about your trips to support your claims.
5. You can edit the “ Date” or “Time” of your trip on the calendar by clicking the start or end time with the text cursor.
*Tip: To have all of your drives automatically logged for you, check our iBeacon!
Q: Can I log a return-trip or a trip with multiple stops?
Right now, it isn’t possible to create roundtrips or multi-stop trips. Trips must be logged one at a time. This is in order to create the most clear-cut and internationally accepted log possible.
Q: How do I delete a trip?
To delete a trip from the mobile app, select the trip you wish to delete, then tap on the garbage bin icon in the top right corner
To delete a trip via the Driversnote website, select the trip you wish to delete from Your Trips, then click on the Delete button.
*Tip: Once there are trips logged on a vehicle, you cannot delete the vehicle until all trips logged on it are also deleted
Q: How and why is my reimbursement calculated for each trip?
Each trip classification has a corresponding reimbursement rate. You are entitled to more per mile/km for business than for charity, for example. We automatically calculate reimbursement rates for you based on your local tax authority’s most recent data. However if you would like to create a custom reimbursement rate, you can do that on the Driversnote website under “Settings” >> “Reimbursements” >> “Edit mileage rates”