How to classify trips
Need to classify multiple trips at once? Head over to our website for bulk actions and quick trip classification.
Driversnote users in the United States also have the options of classifying trips as “Charity” and “Medical or Moving”.
In this article
- Classify trips in the mobile app
- Classify trips on Driversnote’s website
- Automatic classification of trips
Classify your trips in the mobile app
Classify and approve your most recent trips. Your most recently tracked trips can be found in the Inbox tab, and you can change the classification as well as other edits and then Approve them. Please note, you can always skip this step and can always find and edit trips in the “Trips” list under the tab “All”.
Inbox/Trips to review:
- To change a trip’s classification, scroll to the trip in question and select the correct purpose
- Tap Approve and continue to the next trip
- To change a trip’s classification, tap on the trip you wish to edit, then select the correct purpose
- Tap Done in the upper left corner to save the change you’ve made
Classify your trips on Driversnote’s website
Hover over each trip and click on the trip type symbol to change it. While you are there, you can also change the vehicle, workplace, or delete a trip.
Set your working hours for automatic classification
You can set working hours in the Driversnote app for automatic classification of trips. For example, if you set your working hours to 9 am - 5 pm from Monday to Friday, all drives taken from 9 am to 5 pm during weekdays will be classified as business trips. Read more here: how to set your working hours.