How to create a workplace
Create workplaces for easy tracking and reporting.
Creating a workplace lets you easily assign your reimbursable mileage to a specific employer or business, and provides important information for your final mileage reports. If you have several jobs or companies, you’ll want to create separate workplaces and mileage reports for each.
Create a workplace in the mobile app
1. Tap the Settings icon in the bottom right-hand corner
2. From the “Settings” menu, tap on Workplaces.
3. Tap on the white (+) button in the top right-hand corner
4. Enter the name and address of your workplace(s) in the appropriate fields
5. You can also set a reporting period - read more on reporting periods and reminders
6. Tap Create
Create a workplace from the Driversnote website
1. Click on Settings in the upper right-hand corner of your page then click on Workplaces shown in the drop-down menu. Click on + Create workplace in the upper right-hand corner of the page.
2. Enter the name and address or your workplace in the appropriate fields, then click Create to save your new workplace.
You can also set a reporting period - read more on reporting periods and reminders here.
Q. I have a workplace that I no longer want to log trips on.
You can archive any workplaces that you no longer require tracking or logging trips on. Have a look at our guide on archiving workplaces.
Q. I want to delete a workplace. What can I do?
Deleting a workplace is irreversible. We suggest instead to archive a workplace. This will allow you to restore it if you ever need to access it again. If you want to delete a workplace, you must first delete all trips then archive it before you can permanently delete the workplace.
Q: I have several workplaces, can I add multiple?
Yes, you can add as many workplaces as you need to. Just remember to select the correct workplace when you are tracking or logging your trip.
Q: I have created a new workplace but it has a different reimbursement rate than my other one. Can I change it?
Yes, you can have separate reimbursement rates to each workplace. Check out our article: Manage reimbursement rates