Android - Disabling Battery Optimization
A setting specifically affecting tracking for Android users is Battery Optimization sometimes referred to as Doze. This setting terminates background apps after a certain amount of time, in an attempt to conserve battery and improve overall performance. This results in coordinate gaps and even missed trips.
How to correct your settings & ensure accurate tracking
In order for Driversnote to track your trips, you must disable Battery Optimization for the Driversnote app. While the steps vary depending on your device and which Android version you’re running, you basically need to disable Battery Optimization for the Driversnote app.
- Go to Settings on your Android device
- Search "battery optimization" then select Battery Optimization
- Select "All Apps" from the dropdown menu
- Search Driversnote and select "Don’t optimize"
- Go to your phone’s Settings
- Apps & Notifications (this will expand options)
- Tap Special App Access
- Tap Battery Optimization
It is also important that your Location is set to "Always." Here's how to make sure your Location settings are correct.