How to set up your iBeacon
Just received your iBeacon in the mail? This step-by-step guide will show you how to connect it.
If you haven’t ordered your iBeacon yet, or want to learn more, click here.
In this article
Make sure you're in the right place
Because the iBeacon is a low-energy Bluetooth device, it's not possible to 'pair' with it in your phone's settings.
- It won't show up on the list of nearby Bluetooth devices.
- You can only connect to it through the Driversnote app.
Step-by-step: How to connect the iBeacon
With the iBeacon in hand, remove the plastic tab to activate the battery. Then:
- Make sure Bluetooth is switched on on your phone
- Open the Driversnote app
- Go to "Settings" in the app menu
- Tap on "iBeacons"
- Select your iBeacon (Tip: If there is more than one in the area, you can identify yours using the 4-digit code on its side.)
- Choose the vehicle name from the dropdown (if you have more than one)
- Tap Add
I have connected the iBeacon. What next?
Now all that's left to do is leave it in your vehicle. It will reconnect automatically every time your phone is nearby.
- It doesn’t matter where you put it. The glove compartment or the car door is fine.
- The battery won't need to be replaced for 1-2 years.